In the beginning, most business owners start websites on the best KVM VPS hosting or shared hosting. Not many people think about server management provision. Hosting management comes into picture when you select VPS, shared, Semi-dedicated or dedicated servers. Server management is a boon for webmasters because, first, it is not an easy job to do on their own and secondly, if they do it on their own it can cost more than the cost of hosting itself.
Benefits of getting a managed server
• Managed hosting packages save you from a lot of headaches. Hosts offer dedicated support for every problem or task and for difficult emergencies. They manage and clear issues related to the control panel, operating system, server setup and the pre-installed applications. Managed hosting also comes with backup system and monitoring. The price for managed hosting is worth it because it is possible to foster your business growth with customized hosting solutions.
• You cut down on costs with managed hosting. You don’t need to invest in equipment every three to five years. The IT Infrastructure becomes your operating expense (opex), thereby reducing your up-front capital investment (capex). You don’t have to bear any expenses for equipment break repairs and maintenance.
• Managed hosting is all about ease in hosting and saving time, energy and cash. Your web host is always ready to assist you if you are facing problems related to management of applications and the operating system of the system.
• You have a single partner for managed hosting. That is beneficial because you don’t have to maintain and manage vendor relationships for standard hardware and software. Your web host handles this for you without the need of your intervention. You have the greatest reliability on your host as your business partner.
• Expert hosting solution providers plan a managed IT solution that is fully customized to an organization’s requirements considering their future needs. this makes it easy for the organizations to scale their hosting environment as they achieve growth. It also allows incorporating various new technologies to support changes in the workload and the needs of the business for anticipating newer trends. A best-managed hosting provider becomes a true extension to your own IT provision.
How to know if you need managed web hosting?
Website requirements vary across individuals and the type of business the webmaster runs. But, it mainly depends on the ability of the webmaster to manage his website hosting. The following questions can help you find out if you need managed web hosting.
• Can you bear the downtime in case of a software problem with the server?
• Can you manage your business better if you get complete control over the server?
• Can you apply the security patches remotely by yourself?
• Are you able to resolve all the server issues on your own?
• Can you afford the self-management of the server?
These questions can help you choose between managed and unmanaged hosting.