How to install nginx
Install nginx using yum:
- The packages required to install nginx and its dependencies are not available in the standard CentOS repositories.
- if you want to install in this manner, use the process that follows.
- Begin by enabling the EPEL repository with the following command
rpm -Uvh http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/epel-release-5-3.noarch.rpm
2. yum update
3. yum install nginx
4. /etc/init.d/nginx start – to start the nginx
Install nginx by downloading & configuring :
- cd /usr/local/src – move to the src directory
- wget http://nginx.org/download/nginx-0.7.65.tar.gz
- tar -zxvf nginx-0.7.65.tar.gz
- cd nginx-0.7.65 – move to the directory
- make && make install
Thats it !…………….