How to unzip
Linux has both zip and unzip program. By default, these utilities not installed,
To install them from shell prompt,
- login as a root user
- apt-get install zip
- apt-get install unzip – if it is a debian
- yum install zip
- yum install unzip – if it is redhat/fedora
Use zip & unzip :
- zip is a compression and file packaging utility for Linux and Unix (including FreeBSD, Solaris etc).
- if you want make a zip archive file (eg, days )
- zip days * – command to zip the file
- zip -r month * – command to zip a entire directory(month/)
- unzip days.zip – command to unzip the days file
- unzip days.zip -d /home – command to extract the zip file into /home
Have a nice day!
Was this answer helpful?
nstalling Lighttpd : Lighttpd is available via the RPMForge repositories RPMForege i386 install...
For example if you want to add a few IPs from the 188.8.131.52 class: [root@box ~]# cd...
The following two commands will change the permissions only on the files in a directory even...
How to install mod_evasive How to install mod_evasive on a Directadmin server by admin on...
All credit goes to Author brock from forums.rutorrent.org original post here for reference also...