How to unzip
Linux has both zip and unzip program. By default, these utilities not installed,
To install them from shell prompt,
- login as a root user
- apt-get install zip
- apt-get install unzip – if it is a debian
- yum install zip
- yum install unzip – if it is redhat/fedora
Use zip & unzip :
- zip is a compression and file packaging utility for Linux and Unix (including FreeBSD, Solaris etc).
- if you want make a zip archive file (eg, days )
- zip days * – command to zip the file
- zip -r month * – command to zip a entire directory(month/)
- unzip days.zip – command to unzip the days file
- unzip days.zip -d /home – command to extract the zip file into /home
Have a nice day!
Was this answer helpful?
How to install zend Optimizer How to install zend Optimizer by admin on Aug.17, 2010, under...
Table of Contents KVM Basic Install Individual Install Guides...
How to install mod_evasive How to install mod_evasive on a Directadmin server by admin on...
Optimize mySQL: Memory usage is an important thing when consider the server. Normally mySQL...
vi editor : The VI editor is a screen-based editor used by many Unix users. The VI editor has...