How to change mysql root password
MySQL Change root Password:
Setting up mysql password is one of the essential tasks. By default root user is MySQL admin account. Here, We are going to discuss about ” How to change mysql root password ? ”
1) unsing mysql admin
- mysqladmin -u root -p ‘oldpassword’ password ‘newpass’
- E.g :- mysqladmin -u root -p luck password ecvps
2) Changing mysql password for another user
- If you want to change the password for particular user, you need to specify that user name.
- E.g :- mysqladmin -u sam -p luck password ecvps - here sam is the user
3) Using mysql command
- mysql -u root -p – login to mysql server
- mysql> use mysql; - use the mysql database
- mysql > update user set password=PASSWORD(“new password”) where User = ‘ sam ‘ ;
- mysql> flush privileges;
Was this answer helpful?
All credit goes to Author brock from forums.rutorrent.org original post here for reference also...
Optimize mySQL: Memory usage is an important thing when consider the server. Normally mySQL...
How to use Linux:Linux is a Unix based operating system. Linux has a reputation as a very...
How to change the root password Change root password: There are two kind of things we need to...
How to install mod_evasive How to install mod_evasive on a Directadmin server by admin on...